Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the yummy way we use up leftover sweet potatoes at my house. Often I'll bake sweet potato fries and have them leftover. I just put them in the food processor to puree them and then use them to make these. Prep time does not include sweet potato cooking time. Mine often have some pepper and salt in them because I had put them on the fries. But you can make these sweeter by adding 1/4 cup of sugar with the dry ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or 2 knives.
- Stir in the sweet potato, mixing really well.
- Start adding the milk a little at a time until you have a soft dough.
- Put some flour on a board and knead pieces lightly until you can cut them.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut them out.
- Spray a pan (or grease as you will).
- Put the biscuits on the pan and cook for 15 minutes.