Recipe by An Dracon
Bump up the nutrition in one of your favorite comfort foods. Serve them sliced with crispy bacon or fried ham for a great buffet dish.
Top Review by Kay D.
These biscuits were a really great change of pace from regular biscuits. Great with honey on them. My son wanted one with peanut butter on it. ??? Guess what? It was really tasty! Great snack!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix together flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the milk and sweet potatoes.
- Knead gently (about 10- 12 times).
- Roll out dough 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.