Recipe by KittyKitty
These are really tasty. A nice change from regular biscuits, and taste great with maple butter on them!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder,salt, and ground nutmeg,stirring well; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients, pour over flour mixture, and stir until fry ingredients are moistened. (Dough will be soft).
- Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times, adding more flour as needed.
- Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick, cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425F for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.