from the Cooking Class series, "Breads"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 3Cut in shortening until mix resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Combine potatoes and milk with whisk, until smooth.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the potato/milk mix.
- 6Stir until a soft dough is formed that clings and forms a ball.
- 7Turn out dough onto a well-floured surface.
- 8Knead dough 10-12 times.
- 9Roll or payt to a 1/2" thickness.
- 10Cut out dough with a floured 2 1/2" biscuit cutter or floured glass.
- 11Place biscuits 2" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Bake 12-14 minutes or until tops and bottoms are golden brown.
- 13Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (908 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.4 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g