Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this out of my Country Living magazine. These were so good and easy to make.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425°F Sift the flour, baking powder, allspice, cloves, and salt in a large bowl.
- Use the tips of your fingers to blend in the brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter and shortening with a pastry cutter; mix until resembles course, crumbly meal.
- Then stir in the sweet potatoes and knead until the dough just holds together.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead gently for 1 minute, adding a little flour as necessary to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Pat the dough in a 1/2-inch circle and let it rest, covered with a clean towel, for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut out the biscuits with a 2-inch round cutter dipped in flour.
- Gather the scraps, pat out again, and cut into biscuits.
- Arrange them about 3/4-inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet; brush the tops with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the biscuits on rack.