Recipe by Chef Ain't B's
This is really yummy! It's like eating cake.
Top Review by Junkintrunk
i'm not sure but these didn't work for me. i made the self rising flour using 1cup flour, 1.5 tbsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt so the recipe already has baking powder in it, so to add an additional 4 TBSP of baking powder seemed like alot to me but i did it anyway because i'm a recipe follower. Of course they turned out bitter and unedible so it was a complete waste of time and materials. i'm assuming now that it must be 4 TSP but even that seems like alot when using self rising flour. sorry.
- 1 1⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, mix sweet potato and butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and mix to make a soft dough.
- Add milk to the mixture and continue to cut inches.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and toss lightly until the outside of the dough looks smooth.
- Place the biscuits on a greased pan and coat with melted butter.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- (Watch your oven: If the biscuits are browning too fast, lower the temperature.