1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato-Beet Hash (Melissa D'Arabian)
Recipe by Melissa d'Arabian (as seen on Food Network). Made this for my diabetic mother-in -law several times (but I omitted the salt and used low sodium bacon). Hope you enjoy this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large fresh beet, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (I dice mine smaller than the potato so it softens)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt (I do not use the salt, for medical reasons)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cut into lardons (I use 2 slices of low-sodium bacon, for medical reasons)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Toss the cut sweet potatoes and beets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until vegetables are golden, about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, add the bacon pieces and render the fat until the bacon is starting to crisp (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add the onions to skillet and season with salt, and continue to cook until the onions start to caramelize and turn golden, and bacon is crisp (about 6-8 minutes).
- 6Add the roasted sweet potatoes and beets to the pan and stir to combine cooking another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Beet Hash (Melissa D'Arabian)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 59.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g