Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had leftover roasted sweet potato and some beans (I always make too many when I cook them from dried), so I came up with this little salad. I like it as a filling for lettuce wraps or as a side dish. You can use any type of beans that you like or have on hand.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Set oven to 425*F.
- Cut sweet potato into 1/4 inch cubes. Toss with olive oil , salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of paprika. Place in one layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes (or until fork tender). Toss the sweet potatoes after 10 minutes to keep them from browning too much on one side. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the yogurt, salsa, vinegar, cumin, paprika and some salt and pepper in a small bowl. Taste as you go and adjust spices to your liking. Set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooled, toss them with the beans and the dressing. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: If you need to chill this salad for more than 30 minutes, only add half of the dressing, reserving the other half in a separate container in the fridge. When you're ready to serve, toss the salad with the remaining dressing. This will keep the beans from absorbing all of the dressing.