Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh these are an excellent, moist, tasty muffin. One will never be just enough.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Banana Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Well grease 2 dozen muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour,sugar,baking powder,allspice,salt.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes,melted butter bananas,eggs and milk, blend well.
- Add to flour mixture and stir,add pecans and stir just till blended.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 400 for 20 minutes.
I was looking for a recipe for using leftover veggies like sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, zuchini, etc. and this seems to fill the bill. I used just mashed sweet potato and a small jar of sweet potato baby food that my little guy didn't like, which might account for them being a little too moist in the middle. I also substituted canola oil for the butter. Anyway, they were still a hit, even with the baby, so we'll definitely be experimenting with other mashed veggies!
I tweak a lot with this bread to make it healthy. I used whole wheat flour for the flour. 1/4 c honey for 1/2c brown sugar, 1/2t pumpkin spice for 1t allspice. Came out dense and very filling. The spices contributes a lot to the flavor than the banana (which is unnoticeable). Overall, these are very good muffin. Thanks for sharing
I made this recipe vegan, using egg replacer and olive oil. It was good, although next time I'll sub applesauce for the butter instead.