Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh these are an excellent, moist, tasty muffin. One will never be just enough.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Well grease 2 dozen muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour,sugar,baking powder,allspice,salt.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes,melted butter bananas,eggs and milk, blend well.
- Add to flour mixture and stir,add pecans and stir just till blended.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 400 for 20 minutes.
Made these exactly as directed, minus the nuts as I did not have any in hand. They are delicious! Great texture, slightly dense but still very moist and soft in the middle. Baked for 18.5 minutes one dozen at a time. Made 19 muffins total. Thanks!
Yummy. I subbed sweet potatoes for Yams and omitted the all spice and pecans (also skimped on the sugar) but added 1 teaspoon + of cinnamon. Kiddos loved it.
I was looking for a recipe for using leftover veggies like sweet potato, butternut squash, carrots, zuchini, etc. and this seems to fill the bill. I used just mashed sweet potato and a small jar of sweet potato baby food that my little guy didn't like, which might account for them being a little too moist in the middle. I also substituted canola oil for the butter. Anyway, they were still a hit, even with the baby, so we'll definitely be experimenting with other mashed veggies!