Recipe by Sassy in da South
A southern recipe that gives you another option for a sweet potato casserole. We love the combination of flavours and always make this one for the holidays.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (your favourite) or 1⁄2 cup walnuts (your favourite)
- 4 tablespoons butter (margarine will work too)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in small amount of water until tender.
- Mash and beat.
- Add nuts, 4 tablespoons butter, sugar and coconut. If the mixture is dry, add either a little cream or orange juice to moisten.
- Pour 1/2 of the sweet potato mixture into a buttered casserole.
- Cover with mashed bananas and then top with rest of sweet potato mixture.
- Combine crushed corn flakes, 2 tablespoons butter and brown sugar.
- Cover top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.