Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A cute, different way to serve sweet potatoes, You can also use fresh, baked sweet potatoes/yams (instead of canned) to equal approx. 3 lbs.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter and salt.
- Hand roll into balls about 3 inches in diameter.
- Roll the balls in the crushed cornflakes to coat them.
- Place balls into lightly greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Pour syrup evenly over tops.
- Bake at 325 for about 25 minutes. Place a marshmallow on top of each and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Easy to make. I used fresh sweet potatoes. They were a little difficult to roll into balls so I just kind of blobbed them into the corn flakes and made them into patties. The maple syrup added a nice flavor to them.