Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A terrific side dish or holiday appetizer...little portable, handheld sweet potato casseroles! The cooking time includes one hour for chilling time (it may take longer).
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup gingersnap crumbs
- Mash the sweet potatoes while they are still hot and add the butter, salt and spices.
- Add the egg and continue to whip until thoroughly combined.
- Chill until firm and then form into golf ball sized piece, stuffing 2 to 3 marshmallows in center of each ball.
- Roll in the ginger snap crumbs and place on a non-stick or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
Tasted good and I loved the idea, but never did set up enough to "form into balls" I tried and the mess just isn't worth it. Next time we will just make plain old sweet potatoes.
I add a tablespoon of heavy cream & roll them in coconut instead of gingersnap cookie crumbs.
Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe Mercy. My attempt looked like flattened cookies after baking but tasted amazing just like sweet potatoe pie. I will certainly make these again.