Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix A twist on traditional Baklava using Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes.
- 2 cups Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 22 sheets phyllo dough, covered with damp cloth, cut into 8 ", squares
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter the bottom and sides of 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Place 2 sheets phyllo dough in bottom of pan and brush with butter.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Spread Simply Potatoes Mashed Sweet Potatoes evenly over the phyllo dough. (it helps to use an offset spatula).
- Place 2 sheets phyllo dough over sweet potato layer and brush with butter.
- Sprinkle a third of your nuts over this layer.
- Add 2 more sheets phyllo dough and brush with butter.
- Repeat the phyllo, butter, nut layers 2 more times, making sure the last top layer has butter.
- Cut in half with a sharp knife.
- Make four slices the opposite direction, being sure to cut all the way to the bottom. You should have 8 pieces.
- Bake for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush honey evenly over top and let cool.