Recipe by geishafrog
This yummy sweet potato bake varies from the marshmallow version and my husband LOVES it. It is always a treat when I decide to make it. We have been serving it at Thanksgiving Dinner for years!
Top Review by Mirj
Supremely yummy! I didn't measure the amount of mashed potatoes, just eyeballed them and mashed away. The eggs make the sweet potato layer hold together beautifully. I used brown sugar in the sweet potato mix as well as in the pecan layer. I had kids fighting over the pecans while the adults were fighting over the sweet potato. Will I make it again? In a heartbeat!
- 709.77 ml mashed sweet potatoes
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml milk
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml broken pecans
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat all sweet potato ingredients together and pour into greased 81/2"x11" baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix the topping ingredients together,stirring well.
- Crumble the mixture over top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes until sweet potatoes are set and topping looks crunchy.