This yummy sweet potato bake varies from the marshmallow version and my husband LOVES it. It is always a treat when I decide to make it. We have been serving it at Thanksgiving Dinner for years!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat all sweet potato ingredients together and pour into greased 81/2"x11" baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix the topping ingredients together,stirring well.
- Crumble the mixture over top of sweet potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 35-45 minutes until sweet potatoes are set and topping looks crunchy.
Supremely yummy! I didn't measure the amount of mashed potatoes, just eyeballed them and mashed away. The eggs make the sweet potato layer hold together beautifully. I used brown sugar in the sweet potato mix as well as in the pecan layer. I had kids fighting over the pecans while the adults were fighting over the sweet potato. Will I make it again? In a heartbeat!
This is so good! Nice and sweet and buttery...great for holiday weight gaining. :) I will certainly be putting this on the holiday menu as a permanent item. We have a small family and I always make lots of different dishes so I halved this recipe to try it out. It was very easy to cut the ingredients in half but almost everyone will want seconds of this so that must be taken into consideration. Thanks for the great recipe that we will enjoy for years to come.
darlene loves this recipe