Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. It wouldn't be Thanksgiving or Christmas without the Sweet Potato Casserole as far as I'm concerned! I've adjusted some of the ingredient amounts to make a version that is a little less sweet than many I've tried.
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cold
- In a mixing bowl, beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, eggs, salt and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, coconut, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.