Recipe by Lorealle
This recipe is from the Taste of Home magazine. I haven't tried it yet but I am planning to for the Holidays. Sure sounds yummy!
- 7 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water; Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook just until tender, about 15 minutes; drain well.
- Mash potatoes with butter.
- Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Toss cookies crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20 minutes or until browned.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.