- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 500 g diced sweet potatoes (or pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 1 cup shredded tasty cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease 26cm flan tin and line with rolled out pastry.
- Toss sweet potato in olive oil and roast in baking dish for 15 mins until soft. Cool.
- Fry Bacon until crisp.
- Evenly spread sweet potato and bacon over flan base.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Sprinkle with sage.
- Lightly beat eggs, add cream and beat together.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Gently pour over sweet potato etc, in flan base.
- Cook in oven 180C for 40-45 minutes.
- Stand for 5 minutes before serving.