Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I merged recipes from several sources to get this. I once made it and brought it to work for a pot luck. they LOVED it! I had people from other offices asking for the recipe!
- 8 slices bacon, cut into slivers
- 2 medium white potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 10 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup
- In a large soup pot cook bacon over medium high heat until almost crisp.
- Add white potatoes and onions. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sweet potatoes, bay leaves, Old Bay, salt and pepper. Cover and reduce heat to medium; cook a few minutes more – until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (approx 10 minutes).
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
This was so delicious and filling! It's a keeper!