- 2 medium apples, unpeeled, quartered and cored
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled (3/4 lb)
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- With a grater with large holes, shred apples and sweet potato (this can also be done in a food processor with a shredding disk).
- In a large bowl combine apples, sweet potato, honey, salt and pepper; toss to mix.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick frypan over medium heat until hot.
- Add sweet potato mixture and water.
- Cook 13-18 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender, turning mixture over occasionally.
- Add seeds or nuts and serve.