Recipe by Travis H.
I'm re-posting this from PaleoParents.com for storage in my cookbook. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks amazing!
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced small
- 2 green apples, diced small
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt lard.
- 2. Sautee potatoes and onions until potatoes just begin to soften.
- 3. Add sausage and apples, continue to cook until sausage has browned, breaking up larger pieces.
- 4. Add salt and pepper and serve.