1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato-Apple Galette
1 hr 5 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
Another terrific recipe from Wolfgang Puck. This is a very impressive and yummy side dish for the holidays. A great alternative to the "usual" sweet potato dish. Note: Ideally you should use a tart pan with removable sides & bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt 2T butter in a 10" skillet over med-high heat.
- 3Add apples; cook stirring often until caramelized, about 7 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile butter the tart pan.
- 5Place the sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl; season with cinnamon, salt and white pepper.
- 6Drizzle with 1/4 cup of melted butter and mix to coat potatoes.
- 7Arrange a layer of sweet potatoes in the tart pan, overlapping in circles, using about half the potatoes in all.
- 8Arrange apples evenly over the potatoes.
- 9Top with remaining sweet potatoes.
- 10Drizzle with remaining 2T melted butter.
- 11Place the tart pan on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake until the potatoes are crispy and tender, about 35 minutes.
- 12Heat broiler; place potatoes under broiler until edges are crispy and begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
- 13My NOTES:.
- 14Do not assemble too far ahead of time before baking or the potatoes will turn dark & ugly.
- 15Very important to slice potatoes thinly.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Apple Galette
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g