Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a great change of pace for Thanksgiving.
Make and share this Sweet Potato-Apple Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peel and slice
- 2 cups sliced and peeled apples
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pecans, if desired for topping
- Cook sweet potatoes till almost done (may use canned sweet potatoes).
- Place in a glass baking dish (12x8x2-inch).
- Layer apple slices on top of potatoes.
- Mix syrup, butter and salt; pour over potatoes.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until apples are done.
- Baste frequently.
Excellent flavor I added a 1/2 cup of pecans on top the last 10 minutes of cooking. Next time I will cook it uncovered the whole time and not quite as long, the apples were very soft I would like them to still have a bit of crunch - my error not the recipe Thanks for a lovely addition to my Thanksgiving dinner Darlene
I tried this recipe last Christmas. As a whole the family liked it fine, but while the maple syrup was an interesting difference from the usual candied yams, I thought it a little too sweet.