Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good friend made this as part of her Thanksgiving dinner last year & said it was delicious.
Make and share this Sweet Potato & Apple Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 skinny sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored & cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans or 59.14 ml hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large microwave-safe container and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender but firm.
- While they're cooking, lightly grease a baking dish. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, brown sugar, butter & pecans or hazelnuts.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture & apples in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.