Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
A good friend made this as part of her Thanksgiving dinner last year & said it was delicious.
- 4 skinny sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored & cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large microwave-safe container and cook for 8-10 minutes, until tender but firm.
- While they're cooking, lightly grease a baking dish. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, brown sugar, butter & pecans or hazelnuts.
- Layer sweet potatoes, brown sugar mixture & apples in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.