Recipe by Kim
I took parts of two differnt recipes and came up with this one last Thanksgivinig and it was a hit at our house.
Top Review by Daniela
I wanted to try something new for Thanksgiving this year and I'm so glad I tried this recipe. It's delicious. I doubled the recipe and made it in a 13x9 dish and it turned out great. I especially liked that it baked up so quickly after I took the turkey out of the oven. Thanks for the recipe Kim!
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1 lb baking apple (or any apple you like to use)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice potatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice apples 1/4 inch thick.
- Put lemon juice on apples.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Alternate layers of potatoes and apples in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle each layer with sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until browned and apples are tender.