Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
More of a quick bread than cake, this is a great way to use leftover sweet potatoes or yams after your holiday feast!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups diced apples
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover mashed sweet potatoes or 1 1⁄2 cups mashed candied yams
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt; reserve.
- In small separate bowl, combine apple and raisins; toss with 2 T. of the flour mixture; set aside.
- On medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until combined. On medium-low speed, beat in eggs and potatoes until blended. (Mixture may look curdled.).
- On low speed, alternately beat in reserved flour mixture with apple cider until blended.
- Stir in reserved apple mixture. Transfer to loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool on rack in pan for at least 10 minutes, then carefully transfer from pan to rack and cool completely.