Thanksgiving worthy but simple enough for any given Thursday! The classic combination of sweet potatoes, apples, brown sugar and cinnamon make this easy side dish a feezer staple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel the two sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes into rounds and keep covered with water to prevent them from browning until ready to use.
- 2Wash and peel the two apples. Core and cut the apples into slices.
- 3In a large freezer bag, add: sweet potatoes, apples, apple juice concentrate. Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal.
- 4In a snack size baggie mix together: brown sugar and cinnamon. Seal the bag.
- 5Place the 2 filled bags into a 2nd large freezer bag, Print recipe to include too. Freeze.
- 6To cook; thaw.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Empty contents of freezer bag into a small pregreased baking dish be sure that potatoes and apples are evenly spread in the pan in layers.
- 9Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over the top of the sweet potatoes and apples.
- 10Sprinkle the butter evenly over the entire dish.
- 11Bake for about 45 minutes or until potatoes and apples are tender.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Apple Bake OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 94.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g