1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Posted by request. An adaptation I found from Bon Bon Appetit, December 1991. Times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 lb granny smith apple, peeled,cored & thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter 13X6 inch oval baking dish.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add onions and saute until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 5Toss apples with flour in medium bowl.
- 6Arrange half of sweet potatoes in bottom of prepared dish.
- 7Top with half of apple slices.
- 8Arrange remaining potatoes and then remaining apples.
- 9Cover with sauteed onions.
- 10Pour stock over all.
- 11Bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes.
- 12Mix breadcrumbs, cheese and bacon in small bowl, then sprinkle mixture over potatoes.
- 13Bake an additional 20 minutes.
- 14Broil until topping browns, if needed.
- 15Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato, Apple And Onion Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.9
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 237.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g