Recipe by Bec
I have never tried this recipe, but my mom got it from a co-worker. It is supposed to be really good, so we are going to try it soon.
Top Review by JeriBinNC
Like another reviewer, I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. My brother-in-law said this was the best sweet potato dish he'd ever had, and I'm inclined to agree. It's a wonderful mix of sweet and tangy. Definitely a keeper!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces pecan halves
- 2 cups fresh cranberries (Ocean Spray) or 2 cups frozen cranberries (Ocean Spray)
- 1 large apple, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup water (or orange juice)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sweet potatoes in a large saucepan.
- Add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; cover and cook until potatoes are'fork' tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine water, sugar, and cranberries in a medium saucepan.
- Cook until cranberries pop.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish.
- Layer the sweet potatoes, apple slices, and cooked cranberries in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter.
- Pour water (or orange juice) over top.
- Last, the peacon halves on top.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until tender.