Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great recipe from a recent Moosewood Cookbook. Everyone loves it and the presentation is wonderful!!
- 4 cups peeled cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 4 eggs
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Ease sweet potatoes in and simmer for about 5-6 minutes until tender but still firm. Set aside.
- Warm the oil in a heavy skillet. Add the onions, garlic, salt, chili flakes, pepper and thyme and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes, or until starting to soften.
- Add the zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add more salt at this point, if needed.
- Make 4 depressions, or wells, in the hash. Break an egg into each well, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately.
This was GREAT for brekkie or lunch! Served with rocket, feta and tomato to munch! HEALTHY, delicious, TERRIFIC dish! LOW fat tasty meal...I got my wish! Also agree don't stir this alot true! And I cut down salt, but was personal taste too! THANKS!
This dish is absolutely delicious! The flavor is a delicate blend of light and full bodied squash, very savory. It is easy to prepare. Watch cooking temp carefully and try not to stir (turn) it to much or it will turn to mush.