Recipe by zeldaz51
Great with ribs, a little spice, a little acid, and something different from the same old potato salad.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 (15 ounce) cans yellow hominy, rinsed and drained well
- 2 fresh ancho chilies, roasted, peeled, and seeded
- 1 navel orange, juice of, large
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- generous amount black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and quarter the onions, toss with a small amount of vegetable oil, an.
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 350 degrees until easily pierced by a skewer, about 35 to50 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, then peel and cut into bite-sized chunks. Place in a large bowl with the hominy and red onion.
- Dressing: Place roasted peeled chile in blender jar with the citrus juices, oil, and seasonings. Blend until pureed and add to vegetables in bowl. Toss well and let marinate 30 to 60 minutes. Toss with cilantro before serving.