Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Chef Barry Benezra, owner of Chef Bezzie of Miami, FL. I tore this out a newspaper.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, unpeeled and shredded, about 1 large
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow squash, unpeeled and shredded, about 1 large
- 1⁄4 cup onion, shredded, about half a small onion
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Heat oven to only 200°F.
- Spray griddle or 10 inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray; add oil.
- Heat griddle over medium heat or to 375°F.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- For each pancake, spoon a scant 1/3 cup batter onto hot griddle; flatten slightly.
- Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place cooked pancakes on ungreased cookie sheet, and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining pancakes.
Great! I had to add an egg to hold it together a little better, and it was still watery after squeezing it out quite a bit. Ended up holding together while cooking and the result was a tasty, healthy, potato pancake.