Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This sweet root-vegetable side dish is a perfect accompaniment to all of your fall gatherings. Serve it on Rosh Hashanah or Thankgiving for a tasty side dish to poultry or meat. Points value-2
- 1⁄2 lb sweet potato (es)
- 2 lbs acorn squash, about 1 large
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, not packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and squash, cut into 1-inch cubes and place in prepared pan.
- Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; toss to coat mixture well.
- Bake, covered with release foil, for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, serve.