Chef mariajane's Note:
This springtime frittata offers a blast of flavour and colour and is perfect for a special brunch or a quick weekday supper. Tangy Asiago cheese offsets the earthy and delicous flavours of spinach and sweet potatoes. Serve with crunchy fresh Sweet Onion Salsa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups asiago cheese, shredded, divided
- 3/4 cup medium cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup milk, 2%
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 4 cups spinach, coarsely chopped
FRESH SWEET ONION SALSA
- 1Position oven rack 6-inches from broiler. Preheat broiler.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 3/4 cup of the Asiago cheese, cheddar cheese, and milk.
- 3In a 12-inch non-stick oven-proof skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sweet potatoes are almost tender.
- 4Add spinach and cook, uncovered for 1-2 minutes or until slightly wilted.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low; pour egg mixture over vegetables; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until bubbles are coming through mixture and bottom is golden brown (eggs won't be fully set).
- 6Remove cover; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Asiago cheese.
- 7Broil for 1 1/2 minutes or until egg is set and cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- 8Let stand for 5 minutes; run spatula around outside edge of skillet to release frittata. Slice and serve immediately with salsa.
- 9FRESH SWEET ONION SALSA:.
- 10In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 349.2 mg
- Sodium 347.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: