Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice fall salad; getting ready for tailgating season.
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Smoked Turkey Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cubed smoked turkey (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°; scrub the potatoes but do not peel; prick in several places with the tines of a fork.
- Bake just until tender when pierced with a fork (30 minutes, about); let cool completely, then peel them and cut into ½-inch cubes; place cubes in a large bowl.
- Dressing: combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor; process for 30 seconds (you should have about 1 cup of dressing).
- Add the turkey, celery, and from ¾ to 1 cup of the dressing to the cubed sweet potatoes; toss gently.
- Cover and chill until cold, up to 1 day.
- Just before serving, add in the pecans and parsley; toss well; serve cold.