1 hr 10 mins
A nice fall salad; getting ready for tailgating season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs small sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cubed smoked turkey (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; scrub the potatoes but do not peel; prick in several places with the tines of a fork.
- 2Bake just until tender when pierced with a fork (30 minutes, about); let cool completely, then peel them and cut into ½-inch cubes; place cubes in a large bowl.
- 3Dressing: combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor; process for 30 seconds (you should have about 1 cup of dressing).
- 4Add the turkey, celery, and from ¾ to 1 cup of the dressing to the cubed sweet potatoes; toss gently.
- 5Cover and chill until cold, up to 1 day.
- 6Just before serving, add in the pecans and parsley; toss well; serve cold.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Smoked Turkey Salad
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.0
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 271.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: