Recipe by greysangel
Nothing like sweet potatoes to warm the soul and soothe the spirit. I love sweet potato soup and this one is one of my favorites.
Top Review by HollyJane
I made this one on a cold day, and it was a wonderful way to warm up! I increased the amount of chipotles for added spice. Served it with homemade croutons and chipotle sour cream for garnish. Delicious!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo (finely chopped or pureed)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic in butter until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add stock and potatoes, and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Add honey, cream, and pepper, remove from heat and puree until smooth (I used my immersion blender).