Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I am always on the look-out for interesting lunch wraps. I thought this one was very tasty and certainly unique.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, stems removed,caps sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced shallot
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- salt and pepper
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 large sweet potato, baked,peeled,and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 leaves escarole, tough spines removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the mushrooms, shallots, and thyme.
- Saute and stir 5-7 minutes or until the mushrooms are wilted and shallots are translucent.
- Add in the flour and stir 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and sherry.
- Cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens and is reduced to 1/3 cup; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Lay heated tortilla on work surface.
- Smash half of the sweet potato into the lower third of the tortilla; salt lightly if you desire.
- Top with half the escarole and mushroom sauce (make sure to keep the ingredients from coming all the way to the edge of the tortilla).
- Fold up burrito-style--fold in the two sides and roll up bottom to top; cut in half on the bias.
- Repeat same process with the second tortilla.