- 1⁄2 lb sausage meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage meat about half done, breaking it into small pieces. Add onion, apple and seasonings; continue to cook until the meat is tender. Drain off surplus fat.
- Combine sausage mixture with crumbs and sweet potatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- Place in a casserole dish. Then heat in a 350 degree F oven for approximately 45 minutes.