Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- Put these in a saucepan with the red peppers, onion, garlic, wine and vegetable or chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are quite soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a generous dash of Tabasco, if liked.
- Pour into a tureen or serving bowl and cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with bread.
- Garnish the soup with finely diced red, green or yellow pepper, if you like.