From Cooking for Diabetics, this sounds easy and good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- 2Put these in a saucepan with the red peppers, onion, garlic, wine and vegetable or chicken stock.
- 3Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are quite soft.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 5Season to taste with salt, pepper and a generous dash of Tabasco, if liked.
- 6Pour into a tureen or serving bowl and cool slightly.
- 7Serve warm or at room temperature, with bread.
- 8Garnish the soup with finely diced red, green or yellow pepper, if you like.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: