Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking for Diabetics, this sounds easy and good.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 red peppers, about 8oz, seeded and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 pint dry white wine
- 2 pints vegetable stock or 2 pints low-fat chicken broth
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- country bread, to serve
- Peel the sweet potato and cut it into cubes.
- Put these in a saucepan with the red peppers, onion, garlic, wine and vegetable or chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are quite soft.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and a generous dash of Tabasco, if liked.
- Pour into a tureen or serving bowl and cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, with bread.
- Garnish the soup with finely diced red, green or yellow pepper, if you like.