Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked ashed (remove pulp to yield 1/4 cup of sweet potato)
- 1 tablespoon lemon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffin tins with liners or s pray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon until well combined.
- Add the liquids all at once over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon a heaping 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin cup, each should be full and well rounded.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn the muffins out onto a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.