Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A winter warmer, always enjoyed.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 750 g sweet potatoes, chopped
- 750 g pumpkin, chopped
- 5 cups vegetable stock or 5 cups chicken stock
- crushed fresh chili
- 1 can skim evaporated milk
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add onion,crushed chilli, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Cook for 8- 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over stock, cover and simmer for 20- 25 minutes.
- Blend until smooth, adding evaporated milk.
- Garnish with coriander to serve.
Yummy as can be! Nothing but empty soup bowls did I see! Loved the healthy comination tto! Would have liked to know what size can evaporated milk, TRUE! * As here in Oz they now come in various sizes...Cheers!
So simple and good! I don't do dairy so I cut the stock down to 2.5 cups and used a 15oz. can of lite coconut milk. A little fruity but great. I also used canned pumpkin and sweet potatoes and it was still great.
I added a pinch of brown sugar at the end and a teaspoon of sour cream on top as garnish with a light sprinkle of cinimon over the sour cream. Great stuff.