Recipe by kelly in TO
Low GI, this dish can be served warm with lamb, chicken or fish such as mackerel and swordfish or served cold as a salad. GI News blog.
Top Review by Tina and Dave
Very successful recipe! Roasted the pistachios with the diced sweet potato. Didn't chop the nuts. Served warm with home made chicken & pistachio balls (meatballs). Thanks for posting this!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 198.44 g quinoa
- 709.77 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 44.37 ml pistachios, chopped finely
- 14.79 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 29.58 ml coriander, chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely chopped (Rind only)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Roast the diced sweet potato for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Submerge the quinoa in water and let sit for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the quinoa in 3 cups chicken stock, then drain.
- For a warm dish, heat a large pan, add all ingredients and stir over low heat until warmed through.
- If serving cold, simply toss all ingredients together and season to taste.