Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Low GI, this dish can be served warm with lamb, chicken or fish such as mackerel and swordfish or served cold as a salad. GI News blog.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 198.44 g quinoa
- 709.77 ml low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 44.37 ml pistachios, chopped finely
- 14.79 ml fresh mint, chopped
- 29.58 ml coriander, chopped
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely chopped (Rind only)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Roast the diced sweet potato for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Submerge the quinoa in water and let sit for 3 minutes, then drain.
- Cook the quinoa in 3 cups chicken stock, then drain.
- For a warm dish, heat a large pan, add all ingredients and stir over low heat until warmed through.
- If serving cold, simply toss all ingredients together and season to taste.
Very successful recipe! Roasted the pistachios with the diced sweet potato. Didn't chop the nuts. Served warm with home made chicken & pistachio balls (meatballs). Thanks for posting this!
I loved the flavors of this dish! Instead of pistachios, I subbed almonds which I had on hand, and roasted them in the oven with the potatoes. The herbs combined with the Quinoa to make for a super tasty dish, much thanks!