Recipe by Grannydragon
This is a very tasty salad from 'I love pickles.' I find it a nice summer picnic - take-along salad.
- 4 medium yams, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut to 1 inch pieces (I use purchased precooked bacon)
- 1 cup sweet pickle, slices
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves
Lemon Ginger Dressing (use 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (I use juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (I use Splenda brown sugar blend)
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot (or more) or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make Dressing:.
- Place ingredients in a pint jar with a cover. Shake well. Makes 3/4 cup of dressing.
- To Make Salad:.
- Steam potatoes in vegetable steamer until tender, not mushy, about 18 minutes. Cool.
- In large frying pan, cook bacon until crisp about 5 to 7 minutes. Then break in 1 inch pieces. I simply purchase precooked bacon, breaking it into small pieces.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, sweet pickle slices and toasted pecan halves with dressing in large container.
- Line serving dishes with lettuce leaves. Spoon salad on top.