Recipe by wife2abadge
The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of butter, 3 T brown sugar, and 2 T honey. I thought that would be way too sweet and cut it down. I also used pears in their own juice instead of heavy syrup.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear halves, juice reserved
Directions See How It's Made
- In a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine the potatoes, 2 T butter, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan, blend the honey, 1 T butter, orange peel, and 3 T of reserved pear juice; bring to a boil.
- Arrange the pear halves over the potato mixture, then pour the honey mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.