1/5 Photos of Sweet Potato and Pear Casserole
The original recipe called for 1/4 cup of butter, 3 T brown sugar, and 2 T honey. I thought that would be way too sweet and cut it down. I also used pears in their own juice instead of heavy syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish, combine the potatoes, 2 T butter, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- 2In a small saucepan, blend the honey, 1 T butter, orange peel, and 3 T of reserved pear juice; bring to a boil.
- 3Arrange the pear halves over the potato mixture, then pour the honey mixture over the top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Pear Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 189.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g