Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup
- Heat oil in a large heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Saute onions and soft and light browned. Add in garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in canned tomatoes (don't drain), sweet potatoes and carrots. Cook & stir about 5 minutes.
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat. In a food processor or blender blend the soup and peanuts until smooth. Season with cayenne pepper.
- Return to the pot mixing in peanut butter and cook until heated.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.