Recipe by Oolala
From a magazine which states that this has a "gentle sweetness" and would pair well with a spicy flank steak! I thought it might be nice on Thanksgiving.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 parsnips, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large saucepan of salted water to a boil and add potatoes and parsnips.
- Boil gently until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a food processor.
- Add butter and puree until smooth.
- Add milk, brown sugar, and salt and blend well.
- Season with pepper.