1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato and Ontario Apple Gratin
1 hr 20 mins
Sweet potatoes, Ontario apples and the rich tang of Gruyère cheese are a divine combination of flavours and add a sweet touch to Sunday night's roast pork dinner or your Thanksgiving dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Arrange half of the sliced sweet potatoes over the bottom of an 8-inch round (2 L) baking dish. Arrange half of the sliced onion rings over the sweet potatoes and half of the sliced apples over the onion. Repeat these layers with remaining ingredients.
- 2In medium bowl, whisk together milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is bubbly and golden and potatoes and apples are tender, approximately 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 4*Variety Tip: For best results, use Ontario Empire, Golden Delicious, Spartan, Cortland or Northern Spy apples.
Browse Our Top Thanksgiving Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thanksgiving Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Ontario Apple Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.9
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 300.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g